January 10, 2012

Tiny Empires server down!

OMG! I'm going through Tiny Empires withdrawal now. Ultralite Soleil's game server went down yesterday and as of this morning, it is still offline. From the official group notice:
Greetings all,
There is bad news and good news. Which shall I give first? <rolls dice>...

The bad news is that there has apparently been a catastrophic failure of some kind in the Tiny Empires servers and they will have to be rebuilt, which could take the rest of the day.

The good news is that I managed to grab a good backup before the failure, so nothing in the Tiny Empires games will be lost. Your acres and gold are safe.

I will update you more as I learn more. 

Ultralite Soleil
I guess I'll just have to go shopping.

P.S. If you are interested in playing Tiny Empires (in Second Life of course) or moving to a great kingdom (White Horse), please feel free to IM me in-world (Snickers Snook) or send me a PM on Twitter @snickitty.

2 comments:

  1. Oh what a tangled web we weave
    When first we practice to deceive. - Sir Walter Scott (Marmion, 1808)

    Would this not apply being Tiny Empires runs 1100 to 1300?

    King Lear

    No man has a good enough memory to make a successful liar.

    Homer Simpson, from the TV show The Simpsons


    I’ve seen honest faces before. They usually come attached to liars.

    Tinyempires.com Whois information is secret unlike honest companies, the host has had numerious clients busted for fraud. The IP range has been blocked in the past for spamming and that dude NEVER tells the truth. A real Hosting sever down no less than 36 hours is unthinkable and the domain name is currently not there. Tiny Liars will be missed but if it stays gone, you all win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can understand the game creator, Ultralite Soleil, not wanting to have his RL info plastered all over the place. He did post in the Tiny Empires group that the hosting company he is using is borderline incompetent. I don't have any proof about the rest of what you are saying. It would be good if you'd provide some. Otherwise it's just gossip.

      Delete

All thoughts are welcome.