December 16, 2012

The Hype Cycle / Hype Chart

Thanks to Darien Caldwell in the Second Life Commerce group for alerting me to this. I thought it was interesting in light of my own negativity about where Second Life is headed. She nailed it. Virtual Worlds are in the Trough of Disillusionment. The chart comes from Gartner Group's annual analysis on where technology products are in their lifecycles.

Copyright Gartner Group 2012
See the full article here that triggered the discussion: http://educationstormfront.wordpress.com/2012/08/22/gartners-2012-technology-hype-cycle/

Now I wonder where social media fits into the curve. Twitter, Facebook, etc.

1 comment:

  1. Informative post. I learned a lot. Keep posting great content! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

All thoughts are welcome.