December 10, 2014

They ruined Sweethearts Jazz Club

I used to be a big fan of Sweethearts Jazz Club. I've met a lot of nice people there (including a BF), the ambiance was more sophisticated than most clubs (but still fun) and the lack of lag was always a plus.

So tonight I put on one of my oh-so-cute formals, hopped onto the teleport limo and was like OMG! What have they done to the club? First thing, I walked straight ahead into a waterfall where there used to be stairs, immediately fell off and went underwater with no way of getting back to land.

So I did the original TP and walked in and up the stairs via the new (and cheesy looking) entrance. I was SOOO shocked! What used to be a nice design with bars, lounge chairs, couches, cocktail tables, a piano bar, nice looking dance floor, etc. was nothing more an ugly dance floor with country-style line dance spots plopped into the middle of a shopping mall.

Seriously, all that's missing from this tacky mess are a line of ZYNGO machines, 10 more "Donate" and "Vote" boxes and a few more sploders. Why wear a formal or cocktail dress here? Just put on your platties, short-shorts and a bebe crop top, Juicy purse and scream "I'm a mall rat and proud of it!"

Yes it's hard to make money in Second Life and I get that things can't always stay the same. But going tacky commercial and trying to make up for it with hollow greeters begging you to dance is not going to work for this old gal.




1 comment:

  1. *laughs* I totally agree! Great post :) Staying elegant and classy is always better, in addition to minimizing the cheap looking things and ads!

    ReplyDelete

All thoughts are welcome.