March 10, 2016

Latif Khalifa has passed away

Latif Khalifa
I was just going through my Twitter feed when I came across a tweet I'd missed from Johann Neddings (https://twitter.com/neddings) announcing that Latif had passed away. For those that don't know, Latif was the heart & soul behind LibOpenMetaverse and the lightweight viewer, Radegast. As a long time user and supporter of Radegast as well as someone who sent Latif ideas and suggestions, I am really saddened by this. He was opinionated and direct, but if you made a good case, willing to listen.

Latif wasn't in the best of health, but the last time I exchanged emails with him, he seemed to be a little better.

Here's hoping some of the devs that recently backed up the source to Radegast will carry on.

To Latif's family and friends in real life and Second Life, my deepest sympathies and condolences.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All thoughts are welcome.